The West Australian Field and Game Association Inc. was established in 1969 and is a not for profit volunteer organisation. Duly incorporated under the Associations Incorporations Act 2015 (WA). After 50 years a name change to Sporting Clay Western Australia Inc was approved December 2019. The Association is now known as Sporting Clays Western Australia Inc (SCWA).
- The objects of the Association shall be as follows:
- (a) to foster, promote, support, encourage and administer the sport of shooting throughout Western Australia;
- (b) to affiliate with any organisation or association with similar aims and objects, and such other bodies as the Association deems fit;
- (c) toeducatemembersandnon-membersinthevalueofconservationinrelationtothe sport of shooting and to promote good relations between field sportsmen, landowners, the Government and the public;
- (d) Promotion of and participation in wildlife conservation projects feral/pest management projects and support the conservation and wise use of natural resources.
- (e) Representation of the interests of member clubs to the State Government and its departments with regard to policy and legislation in the areas of wildlife conservation game management land use management of natural resources firearms ownership and use and sport policies and funding
- (f) foster a healthy environment and encourage sportsmanship, good fellowship and a sense of community spirit;
- (g) to promote firearm ownership, marksmanship and safety;
- (h) do such things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of any or all of these objects.